NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Electronic Soprano Crew: Our Gang Comedy

Dr.Melfi: I took the liberty of e-mailing your so called crew, Paulie Walnuts, Big Pussy, Christopher, Silvio, Hesh, Beansy, the guy from Eddie and the Cruisers, all of the Apriles...
Tony: Holy Shit, the Apriles?
Dr.Melfi: What's wrong with that?
Tony: Witness Protection Program, that what's wrong.
Dr. Melfi: They are your friends, what they did with the e-mails they send out, I can't really control. Who takes a look at the CC's, anyway?
Tony: TEN PEOPLE DO, I KNOW PERSONALLY, include the Godley and Creme, Crew.
Dr. Melfi: Anyway, I'm not exactly sure what that means, but, your friends have a great insight on you and what you're about.
Tony: No Shit, let's here it.
Dr.Melfi: The two worst mismatches (because they were very sad in their way) I ever saw were: 1. Michael Wendroff (a solo acoustic performer who had a minor hit with a song called "Southpaw") opening for ELO at Avery Fisher Hall. He was mercilessly booed off stage and 2. Tom Paxton opening for Chris Rush at Whitman Auditorium. Tom Paxton was mercilessly booed as the crowd was there for Chris Rush.
Tony: Goddam Paulie, Michael Wendroff??? Some Flash in the Pan??? If he's going to bring up the Fred thing in every one, I'm leaving.
Dr. Melfi: I need to continue, but, I need to call Timothy Van Pattern and Dick, for that matter , on the rest of these.
Tony: I liked the last one, hey, I asked for it. That's what Sopranosense is all about!