NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Johnny Friendly and The New York Mets

Nonkinsense wishes to sincerely thank Johnny Friendly and the New York Mets, this one's for you, one day, I'll say, "I coulda been somebody, I coulda been a contender, not just a bum or the ultimate product placer, baby boomer, post baby boomer, hippy, punk, new waver, disco, world music loving, environmentalist, yuppie, marketed, politically correct, profgenX, single, white, Jewish, 40 something, On-line obsessed, legal music downloader, DSL owning, cell phone and digital camera owning, bass, guitar and keyboards in need of a tuning, owning, non fiction reading, Amazon.com and e-bay using, hungry, dieting, a couple of times on month working out at the Gym, movie going, TKTS using, Spring Training attending, Jazz Fest Traveling, Baseball tickets printed on his computer, friend making and losing, lonely, Type A,B, C and D, Blood pressure medicine taking, sheet music collecting, eye and sun glass wearing, in need of a ear wax cleaning and manicure, hyper, obsessive, shy, polite,kind,surveyed, former volunteer for Liz Holtzman for Congress, Subway taking, Parking Garage using, Newspaper buying, On Line reader, owner of a Vermont Teddy Bear, Discount Store shopping, FedEX and UPS using, messengered, Maintenance man moving, Electrician seeking, gas and stove maintaining, leaky too small an air conditioning using, Window treatment having, Bose owning, Windows XP using, some knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, A+ and Network Administrating, Paralegal Certified, Broadcast Technician, ex radio audience, Stairway to Heaven requesting, music and record store calling researcher, Film Trainee, AVID 2 week class taker, paper towel, tissue and tiolet paper using freelance,no health benefits, in need of a good attorney and accountant,consumer,which is what I am,":

Sympathy for Mr. Met:
Please to meet 'ya I'm Mr. Met
And What's Troublin' you is the nature of my blood and sweat.

I was there when Cleon Jones cried how was I suppose to know she was only fifteen

I was there when there was a Jew, Art Shamsky, but, one of the few.

I was there when the black cat crossed, Leo Durocher and the 1969 Cubs.

I was there when Richie Zisk, was thrown out at home plate, from a throw off the tip of the fence in left field.

I was there when Mookie, made Bill Buckner, a household name.

I was there when Carter, Knight, Mitchell, made imposters of McNamara, Clemens, Schiraldi and Stanley

I was there in Kennedy, when Darryl first got busted for guns and beating his wife.

I was there at Laguardia, when Doc went to rehab on drugs.

Please to meet 'ya, I'm Mr. Met...