NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Tom and Dick Soprano Brothers Episode

Dr. Melfi: You have not mentioned Christopher, your nephew?
Tony: It's complicated, very complicated, we're really brothers, that's more so the truth, if anything.
Dr. Melfi: You must love him very much then.
Tony: Yeah, so.
Dr.Melfi: So?
Tony: So What.
Dr. Melfi So what?
Tony: So what,that's what he said to me at Satriales Chinese Buffet the other day, so what. I wanted his opinion on all this, the creative stuff, the funny stuff, the baseball references, I wanted something other than so what, more Diet Coke.
Dr. Melfi: What did you want to hear:
Tony: This is really great, this stinks, it's funny, well done, I liked it, you've hit on something and the fact that you amuse so many people with this shit, it's really great, a little weird, I understand, but, the effort is something and you're making some use out of your free time on the computer, to be creative, show a little initiative, motivate yourself to get out of bed in the morning, move people emotionally, give them a chuckle and do something unique...write...A writer writes.
Dr. Melfi: That's very ironic under the circumstances.
Tony: No shit, It ain't over 'till it's over!
Dr. Melfi: Is it over between the two of you.
Tony: It's not the same, but, it's never over, he ain't heavy, that's for sure.
Dr. Melfi: How so.
Tony: I owe him a lot I know, he kept all the shit and I do mean all the shit together. He kept the family, what was left of it, sane and moving towards a return to normalcy. He did it all actually, he was in charge, the bills, the apartment, the neighbors, the friends, the relatives, the visits, the buses, the subways, the cars, the mail, the food, the clothes, all the shit.
Dr. Melfi: And what did he want in return.
Tony: Nothing, just to see me take control of the family again and do the stuff he knows I do so well.
Dr. Melfi: What would you say to him if he was in the room right now and what would he say to you.
Tony: Vey Vaise, beast going, more diet coke, I need to get the papier.