NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005


Formerly Country Eastern...For those of you who have nothing better to do on a Friday night.....

Wanted to say that Friday was a real kick - it sounded like a real bandup there - everyone was on. Who knows with a little practice... Evenmy wife who had not imbibed to extreme said it was good! Ira... stay a little longer...you just got here. Boy what adifference keys make. I really hope you can continue to play - lotsapotential and the jokes are killer.David - slide is soooo cool - should be in more stuff. Let'sdifinitely try some new tunes- Desperado? How about some older countryor older rock - Brownsville Station? Edgar Winter Group? Fairly easystuff and can be rock-countrified. George: Your head was on straight - perfect artistry.Bob - you continue to surprise me - great job but then again you hadthe best cheering section. Anyway, I'm out for the next week in N'Orleans. Think about our nexttunes and moves. You guys don't know how much I enjoy this - let's keepit going!Joe

All my friends thought it was great. High kudos to Joe for both singing and stage presence. Everyone thought Bob's son was the cutest thing since sliced bread.And Bob, I noticed your wife smiling and nodding to the beat throughout our show. I think she more than liked it. It's important for significant others to see the results of all those evenings away, and to realize that the end result is pretty damn good.One great thing was having a pretty awful act in front of us. It emphasized that we were serious and doing something more than the usual "from the jam-night play book" crap (which Ira likes to mock on a regular basis). The Springsteen song was killer! Bob ("The Studio" Bob, that is) should understand that while the crowd may recognize Proud Mary, Can't Buy Me Love, and Sympathy for the Devil, it's bands like us that really "sell" the intent and promise of The Studio. And I think we were a really good advertisement for what he wants the Studio to be all about.Looking forward to next time. CD on the way. dtf

Was fun. My wife actually liked it and was glad I did not embarras her. My son bought me ice cream after the show. Doesn't get any better than that.Any other feedback?Send to: Robert Donigan


Western Electric
(formerly Country Eastern)

"Playing red state music for blue state people."

7:30 pm on Friday, June 24th

at The Bitter End in Greenwich Village, NYC



Western Electric
is
Joe "Cowboy" LaDuca, bass guitar & lead vocals;
George "Too Much Tremelo" Singley, guitar;
Dave "Cool Bunny" Fuhrmann, guitar;
Ira "No Nonsense" Nonkin, keyboards;
and
Bob "The Drummer" Donigan, drums. Hope to see you there!

Ira, Your band sounded great Friday night. I like that music and so did the crowd. Hope everything is well. Bill






.All things considered, don't you think a Michael Jackson tune would be more timely? At 03:04 PM 6/15/2005 -0400, IRA1211loving in your eyes all the way If I listen to your lies would you say I'm a man without conviction I'm a man who doesn't know How to sell a contradiction You come and go You come and go Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Chameleon You come and go You come and go Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dream Red, gold and green Red, gold and green Didn't hear your wicked words every day And you used to be so sweet I heard you say That my love was an addiction When we cling our love is strong When you go you're gone forever You string along You string along Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Chameleon You come and go You come and go Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dream Red, gold and green Red, gold and greenEvery day is like a survival You're my lover not my rival Every day is like a survival You're my lover not my rival I'm a man without conviction I'm a man who doesn't know How to sell a contradication You come and go You come and go Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Chameleon You come and go You come and go Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dream Red, gold and green Red, gold and green-Boy, George, Boy David ?Posted by Hello