NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Saturday, June 25, 2005


Kid, it's been over twenty years, but, hear me out, I think, I'm beginning to see how you operate these days: 1-You warm up Norris to the idea of giving you his Stuyvesant Yearbook, in part, because, he knows you're going to do some kind of Production for the King on his Birthday, 7/1 along with Rod Gilbert 2-You start scanning Cunningham and Stuyvesant pictures because it amuses you and you still think me and or Donny would be amused; Donny with the Cunningham one from the year before. 3-You send a Top Five Party Song List out to DK and cc a few others who may or may not respond. 4-DK, responds, with some good choices using your Parameters and the fact that you saw Gary US Bonds near Penn Station this week on a cell phone. 5-You get the Happy Hank picture shown here as the Party actual appeared each day in his Classroom from 1972 and you incorporate your Top Five Party Songs to it...Was it the Tickle Bug that had such a profound effect on you all these years later ?


I'll skip the question about what time it was you saw him. Not my top five PARTY SONGS but under your parameters:
1. Birthday - Beatles
2. Double Shot (of my Baby's Love) - Swingin' Medallions
3. Barbara Ann - Beach Boys
4. Here Comes My Baby - Tremeloes
5. Splish-Splash - Bobby Darin
Donny
1-Having a Party - Sam Cooke , Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes
2-A Quarter to Three - Gary US Bonds
3-Runaround Sue - Dion and the Belmonts
4-Nothing but a House Party - J Geils Band
5-It's My Party - Leslie Gore
Ira

Inspired somewhat by seeing Gary US Bonds on a cell phone a block away from Penn Station the other day, I submit for consideration: TOP FIVE FAVORITE PARTY SONGS, songs that have party in the title or song or songs that sound like a party was going on and captured by the recording.

Don't forget the immortal Party Doll.

And there's "Fight for Your Right to Party

Here for the Party by Gretchen Wilson.

Party Townt.

Party Lights

Having a Party

I Don't Want to Spoil the Party

Garden Party - in which Rick Nelson did not have a good time.

This calls for a Party Jam Session to be coordinated by Ira, who will also bring the bagels.

It's My Party (and of course, the sequel, Judy's Turn to Cry)
Party Town
Having a Party
I Don't Want to Spoil the Party
A Quarter to Three
Twist Party
Nothing But a House Party
Here for the Party
Fight For Your Right to Party
Rock and Roll All Night (and party every day)
Various Disco Party Songs
Garden Party

And all the other songs mentioned, plus plenty more.

Don't hate me for this contribution but you'll need to include Eddie Murphy's "Party All the Time".
Jim

Party Line- the kinks (off face to face 1966) from #24.

Kiss: I'm Gonna Rock and Roll All Night and Party Every DayAlso, the disco era was well stocked with tunes about party time. There'sa whole sub-genre of "Boogie" songs: Boogie Nights, Boogie Wonderland,Boogie Oogie Oogie, Jungle Boogie, etc. - DDGRAY.

all tomorrow's parties -- niko & VU - T.Mo

Posted by Hello