NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Far Out, August 1st.


Hey Lori and Randy as well for that matter, I just had to come back to say FAR OUT, Az in droissen iz a vint, flit dos mist hoich. We both, Lori and I, that is, were born on August 1st; how cool is that! Az Got vil ainem dos hartz opshtoissen, it er im a groissen saichel. Loved the term paper on the Big E.

Last Will & Testament of Jerry GarciaTABLE OF CONTENTSWILL OF JEROME J. GARCIAREVOCATION OF PRIOR WILLSDECLARATIONSCOMMUNITY PROPERTYPERSONAL PROPERTYGUITARSDISTRIBUTION OF RESIDUE OF ESTATEULTIMATE DISTRIBUTIONTRUSTEE'S POWERSPAYMENT OF TAXES AND EXPENSESNO CONTEST CLAUSESPENDTHRIFT PROVISIONEXECUTOR'S APPOINTMENT AND POWERSTRUSTEE'S APPOINTMENT AND COMPENSATIONGUARDIANDELAYED DISTRIBUTIONDEFINITIONSWILL OF JEROME J. GARCIAI, JEROME J. GARCIA, also known as JERRY GARCIA, a resident of Marin County, California, hereby make, publish and declare this to be my Last Will and Testament.FIRST REVOCATION OF PRIOR WILLSI revoke all Wills and Codicils heretofore made by me.SECOND DECLARATIONSI declare that I am married; my wife's name is DEBORAH KOONS. We have no children by our marriage. I have four children now living from prior relationships, namely HEATHER GARCIA KATZ, born December 8, 1963, ANNABELLE WLAKER GARCIA, born February 2, 1970, THERESA ADAMS GARCIA, born September 21, 1974, and KEELIN GARCIA, born December 20, 1987. I have no deceased children leaving issue, and I have not adopted any children. The terms ``child'' or ``children'' as used in this Will shall refer only to my children and if any person shall claim and establish any right to participate in my estate other than as provided in this Will, whether as heir or in any other capacity whatsoever, I give and bequeath to each such person the sum of One Dollar ($1.00).THIRD COMMUNITY PROPERTYI declare my intention to dispose of all property, real and personal, of which I have the right to dispose by Will, including any and all property as to which I may have at the time of my death a power of appointment by Will. I confirm to my wife her interest in our community property. It is my intention by this Will to dispose of all my separate Property and of my one-half (1/2) interest in our community property.FOURTH PERSONAL PROPERTYExcept as specifically provided hereinbelow, I give my jewelry, clothing, household furniture and furnishings, personal automobiles, books, pictures, objects of art and other tangible articles of a personal nature, or my interest in such property, which I may have at the time of my death, not otherwise specifically disposed of by this Will or in any other manner, together with any insurance on such property, to my wife, if she survives me for sixty (60) days, and if she does not, then to such of my children, by representation, who survive me for sixty (60) days in equal shares as they shall agree, or as my Executor shall, in my Executor's discretion, determine if my children do not agree within one hundred fifty (150) days of my death.In the absence of a conflict of interest, my Executor shall represent any child under age eighteen (18) in matter relating to any distribution under this Article FOURTH, including selection of the assets that shall constitute that child's share, and my Executor may, in my Executor's discretion, sell for the child's account any part of that child's share. Any property or its proceeds distributable to a child under age eighteen (18) pursuant to this Paragraph may be delivered without bond to the guardian of such child or to any suitable person with whom he or she resides or who has the care or control of him or her.If neither my wife nor any of my children shall survive me, then this gift shall lapse and such property, and any insurance thereon, shall become part of the residue of my estate.FIFTH GUITARSI give all my guitars made by DOUGLAS ERWIN, to DOUGLAS ERWIN, or to his estate if he predeceases me.