NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Simon, Garfunkel and Harrison ?



No not George, playing on an early Saturday Night Live, but, the memory of Michael sitting comfortably for free(not for Free, the band with Paul Rodgers ) in Central Park amongst millions in the lawn chair he brought...If these sons of Queens get together again, they should say: "Goodbye to Lori, the Queen of Bayside not Corona." ....Me And Julio Down By The School Yard The MaMa pajama rolled outa bed and she ran to the police station When the PaPa found out he began to shout and he started the investigation well it's against the law it was against the law what the mama sawit was against the law the mama looked down and she spit on the ground every time the name gets mentioned the papa said "oy if I get that boy I'm gonna stick him in the house of detention well, I'm on my way I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way I'm takin my time but I don't know where good-bye to Rosie the queen of carona ( the site spelled it wrong) see you me and julio down by the school yard see you me and julio down by the school yard In acouple of days they come to take me away but the press let the story leakand when the radical priest come to get me relasedwell we was all on the cover of newsweek well, I'm on my way I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way I'm takin my time but I don't know where good-bye to Rosie the queen of caronasee you me and julio down by the school yard see you me and julio down by the school ya..

Words & music by Paul Simon In my little town I grew up believ--ing God keeps His eye on us all And He used to lean upon me As I pledged allegiance to the wall Lord I recall My little town Coming home after school Flying my bike past the gates Of the factories My mom doing the laundry Hanging our shirts In the dirty breeze And after it rains There's a rainbow And all of the colors are black It's not that the colors aren't there It's just imagin-ation they lack Everything's the same Back in my little town Nothing but the dead and dying Back in my little town Nothing but the dead and dying Back in my little town In my little townI never meant nothin'I was just my fathers son Saving my money Dreaming of glory Twitching like a finger On the trigger of a gun Leaving nothing but the dead and dying Back in my little town Repeat and fade:Nothing but the dead and dying Back in my little town .
know we did this one in some form before, but, can you add to this list ? 1-The Ramones 2-Simon and Garfunkel 3-Cyndi Lauper ...Thank you.Ira from Kings County.
Leslie West comes to mind but without looking up some guesses on AMG, that's it. Donny