NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Freedom Forever

To the Heroes of September 11: Of Freedom Forever. This war of humanity is the growing root of one man's insanity. We must fight until we see the light OF FREEDOM FOREVER... For some it's worse than others. But we are all striving hand in hand as brothers. So don't grumble because of sadness, There will be an ending to all this madness - There will come a day when we all can say - This is our home, our land, This grand U.S.A. Heroes have died while our allies are united side by side. Slaves to Tyrants - we cannot be. NEVER. Because in our Hearts, We are thinking of FREEDOM FOREVER. I wrote the above poem when I was a student in Junior High School. It was my first poem. I sent a copy to President Roosevelt during World War II and received an acknowledgement from his secretary Grace Tully which I treasure to this day. The poem is just as applicable now as then. Sylvia Nonkin