NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

and Leslie West

Ira,
Bless you for your heartfelt sentiments. Once again a brilliant job with album covers and photos. Today is also the Birthday of Leslie West (a/k/a The Great Fatsby). In his honor I now list my Ten (not in any order) Favorite Leslie West (Solo, etc.). I also attach a beautiful twelve string acoustic solo piece entitled Because You Are My Friend:

1. Blind Man (A Fabulous Blues Deluxe)
2. Blood of the Sun
3. Dreams of Milk and Honey
4. Because You Are My Friend
5. Long Red
6. Token
7. Mississippi Queen
8. To My Friend
9. Flowers of Evil (From the father's perspective about a son who re-enlists for a second tour of duty in Vietnam to support the son's heroin addiction)
10. Old Brown Shoe
(1-5: Solo, 6: West Bruce and Laing, 7-9: Mountain, 10: George Harrison Tribute).

Donny