NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving



We might have done this before, nonetheless, the sentiment is the same.

Ira

1-Thank You Girl - The Beatles
2-Thank You-Led Zeppelin
3-Thank You Girl - John Hiatt
4-Thank You for being a friend-Andrew Gold
5-I Thank You - Sam and Dave


Ira,
We might have. My list would be similar to yours except substitute Thanks by the James Gang for John Hiatt and Thank You by Gentle Giant for Andrew Gold. I also attach my favorite Thanksgiving Day called Home Again by Batdorf and Rodney (you may remember it as the song which always opened Pete Fornatele's Thanksgiving Day show). By the way, Ray Davies is coming out with an album entitled Thanksgiving Day. Have a Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Donny


I was just about to add I Thank You when I saw that you already had it. But I'll stay with it anyway

1) Thank You Girl - Beatles
2) I Thank You - Sam and Dave
3) I Thank the Lord for the Night Time - Neil Diamond
4) Thank God I'm a Country Boy - John Denver: not one of my favorite songs, but I associate it with good times.
5) Sunny - Bobby Hebb: true, "thank" is not in the title, but it's used a lot in the song.
6) Thank You for Letting Me Be Myself: Sly and the Family Stone
7) Thank God for the Bomb - Ozzy Osborne

And my all time favorite song:
Donke Shoen: Wayne Newton

Rob