NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Man O Manischewitz!





December 6th will mark the 30th Anniversary of my Bar Mitzvah and recognition by the Jewish religion as becoming a Man.

For those in the know, it also marks the 30th Anniversary of Eliot, Lori, Randy, Ronnie, Fruit Mouse and Bert studying for Finals in Buffalo, perhaps for the last time.

Ira

1-Mannish Boy-Muddy Waters

2-Half a Boy and Half a Man-Nick Lowe

3-I'm a Man-Spencer Davis Group , Chicago

4-Hoochie Coochie Man-Muddy Waters

5-Secret Agent Man-Johnny Rivers



Happy 30th Anniversary, and thanks for reminding me of just how old a man I am!

Hope all is well.


Eliot



Some coming of age songs:

When I Grow Up to Be a Man; the Beach Boys
The Edge of 17: Stevie Nicks (one for the girls on the threshold of womanhood)
Sweet Little Sixteen (and a million othe Sweet Sixteen songs) (another for the girls)
Cowboys to Girls:
Summer of 69: Bryan Adams
Jack and Diane: John Mellencamp
17: Janis Ian

Starriders

Ira,
Or the day you became a fountain pen.

1. It's A Man's World - James Brown
2. Man Smart, Woman Smarter - Harry Belafonte
3. Mister, You're A Better Man Than I - Yardbirds
4. Painter Man - Creation
5. The Man That Got Away - Judy Garland

Donny


1. Iron Man
2. Walk Like a Man
3. Candyman
4. Love me Like a Man
5. Mandy


JL
Add 'Ramblin Man' to the list too

Man in the Mirror, Mannish Boy. And 3 Dog night had an LP, 'Family of man'.
#24

additional IN entries: 1-Listen to What the Man Said 2-Mr. Tambourine Man 3-Man in the Long Black Coat 4-Big Boss Man 5-I Wanna Be Your Man 6-(I'm Your ) HandyMan 7-Nowhere Man 8-I'm Waiting On My Man 9-Old Man 10-California Man