NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Thank you all for sharing some laughs with yours truely.


Ira,
Happy Birthday! In your honor, a Top Five:

1. Piano Man - Billy Joel
2. Tiger In A Spotlight - Emerson, Lake And Palmer ("Bass, Playing In My Face", "Keys, I Play Them All With Ease")
3. Bassically - Black Sabbath
4. Guitar Man - Bread
5. Song For The Asking - Simon and Garfunkel

Donny


Q: The number one song on Billboard on this date 43 years ago?

A: "Big Girls Don't Cry"-The Four Seasons

Happy Birthday, Ira.
In keeping with a venerable Nonkinsense tradition, here are some birthday songs. Most of them are about sixteen year old girls. At the other extreme, we have "When I'm 64." And a few of them, like The River and You Wear It Well, are not even birthday songs, so much as they just mention birthdays. Anyway, while none of them are a good fit, my intentions are good: Happy Birthday.
Birthday: the Beatles
Happy, Happy Birthday Baby: Connie Francis
Happy Birthday, Sweet Sixteen: Neil Sedaka
Sweet Little Sixteen: Chuck Berry
Sixteen Candles: the Crests
When I'm 64: the Beatles
It's My Party: Leslie Gore
The River: Bruce Springsteen
You Wear It Well: Rod Stewart
Rob

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Born in Time-Bob Dylan
In the lonely night In the blinking stardust of a pale blue light You're comin' thru to me in black and white When we were made of dreams. You're blowing down the shaky street, You're hearing my heart beat In the record breaking heat Where we were born in time. ( Bridge #1:) Not one more night, not one more kiss, Not this time baby, no more of this,Takes too much skill, takes too much will, It's revealing. You came, you saw, just like the law You married young, just like your ma,You tried and tried, you made me slideYou left me reelin' with this feelin'.On the rising curve Where the ways of nature will test every nerve,You won't get anything you don't deserveWhere we were born in time. (Bridge #2:) You pressed me once, you pressed me twice,You hang the flame, you'll pay the price,Oh babe, that fire Is still smokin'.You were snow, you were rain You were striped, you were plain , Oh babe, truer words Have not been spoken or broken.In the hills of mystery, In the foggy web of destiny,You can have what's left of me, Where we were born in time.
Copyright © 1990 Special Rider Music