NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Elvis +



Ira,
Elvis would've been (is?) 71, Soupy Sales is 80!, Little Anthony is 65, Robbir Kreiger is 60 and David Bowie is 59. It would take too long to do a Top Five Favorite for each, so my Favorite for each:

1. His Latest Flame (Marie's The Name) - Elvis
2. The Mouse - Soupy Sales
3. I'm On The Outside (Looking In) - Little Anthony And The Imperials
4. Light My Fire - Doors
5. Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie
Donny


For (five) Elvis on his birthday:

1-Don't Be Cruel
2-Jailhouse Rock
3-All Shook Up
4-Suspicious Minds
5-Burning Love

Ira

An Elvis top 5 is rough:

That's All Right (Mama)
Good Rockin Tonight
Heartbreak Hotel
Don't Be Cruel
Big Hunk of Love
Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
Hard Headed Woman
All Shook Up
I Can't Help Falling in Love With You
Suspicious Minds
Shake Rattle and Roll
Rip It Up

Elvis is hardly known for Shake Rattle and Roll, but he has the best version I ever had. Unlike Bill Haley, he retained the grittiness of the original, but like Bill Haley he rocked it up. After hearing Elvis sing it, there was no point in even listening to anyone else.

Rip It Up is another great song is Elvis is not known for, but I think he did a great job singing it.

Rob