NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Still(s) Friends



Happy Birthday, Stephen Stills, born, 1/3/45, John Paul Jones, born, 1/3/46 and George Martin, born, 1/3/26 .
Mit shnai ken men nit machen gomolkes?
Leave us not forget Sir George Martin (who turned 80!)(as I listen to Rubber Soul), John Paul Jones and Van Dyke Parks!
Below is my list of Masterpiece Albums (not to be confused with Masterpiece Theatre) for each:

1. Sir George Martin - Sgt.Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
2. John Paul Jones - Their Satanic Majesties Request
3. Stephen Stills - Crosby, Stills and Nash
4. Van Dyke Parks - Smile
As for Stills, one album I would've like to have heard (my idea, I've never read this anywhere) is what I would've called "Three Ste(ph)vens From Texas, A Blues Extravaganza" with Miller, Vaughn and Stills...
Donny



Here a few I like.

Love the One You're With
Wooden Ships
Carry On
Suite:Judy Blue Eyes
For What It's Worth
Rock and Roll Woman
Find the Cost of Freedom


Starriders

Stephen Stills is a very talented musician. From the Springfield (1966) through CSN(Y) (1970) or so he was excellent. Unfortunately, with the exception of the occasional tune here or there his creativity dried up, partially due to getting into cocaine.
Hung upside Down, Sit Down, I think I love you, Bluebird.
#24