NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

All the Presidents Men


In honor or dishonor of President's Day:

1-Young Americans-David Bowie (Nixon)
2-Veracruz-Warren Zevon (Woodrow Wilson)
3-Bonzo Goes to Bittburg-Ramones (Reagan)
4-Abraham, Martin and John-Dion (Probably the song with the most nonkinsense blog mentions)
5-I Saw it On TV-John Fogerty (Eisenhower)

Honorable mentions: Ohio-CSN&Y, We Didnt Start the Fire-Billy Joel, Harry Truman-Chicago.

Ira,
After a little Presidential consideration, I was able to come up with four
more (I will also include my "fictional" Presidents):
1. Louisiana 1927 - Randy Newman (President Coolidge)
2. Foreign Policy - Buckinghams (Actual excerpt from JFK speech)
3. So Long, Harry Truman - Danny O'Keefe
4. Cult Of Personality - Living Colour (FDR's actual "The only thing we
have to fear..")

Fictional Presidents:
1. I Wanna Grow Up To Be A Politician - Byrds ("be the U.S. of A.'s number
one man)
2. Love Story - Randy Newman, Harry Nilsson (taking about a future son: "may
be some day be President...")

By the way, my daughter Deborah chimes in with Paul Simon's Loves Me Like A
Rock ("and if I was the President...").
Donny
From #24, "It's Alright Ma," - even the President of the United States has to stand naked.