NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Ira,
Happy Birthday, Mickey Dolenz, once and future Monkee and former (Pre-Jack) WCBS-FM DJ. Here are My Top Five Favorite Monkees (either written or sung):

1. Goin' Down (James Brown would be proud)
2. Randy Scouse Git (written by Mickey about a party he attended with the "four kings of EMI")
3. (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone
4. For Pete's Sake
5. Pleasant Valley Sunday
Donny
1) I'm a Believer
2) Last Train to Clarksville
3) Stepping Stone
4) Take a Giant Step
5) What Am I Doing Hanging 'Round?
6) Daydream Believer
7) Pleasant Valley Sunday
8) Saturday's Child
9) Papa Blues Jeans
10) Words
11) Shades of Gray
12) Sometime in the Morning - Starriders