NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Sunday, April 16, 2006



Ira,
I know we did this last year but I'm "resurrecting" (sorry) a Top Five anyway:

1. Easter Parade (Movie and Song) - Fred Astaire and Judy Garland
2. Roll Away The Stone - Mott The Hoople
3. The Messiah - Handel
4. Resurrection Shuffle - Ashton, Gardner & Dyke
5. When The Music's Over - Doors ("Cancel my subscription to the resurrection..")
Donny

The List (from 2005) :1-The Rising-Bruce 2-Easter Parade-Astaire and Garland 3- In The Garden-Dylan 4-Jesus Christ-Woody Guthrie 5-Full Force Gale-Van the Man 6-Calvary Cross-Richard Thompson 7-If I give My Soul-Billy Joe Shaver 8-Give Me a Ride to Heaven-The Flatlanders ( I am also just now reminded of Tryin to Get to Heaven before they close the door -Dylan ) 9-Roll Away the Stone - Nick Lowe(so claims George) 10-Working on a Building-CCR 11-Roll Away the Stone-Mott the Hoople 12- Roll Away the Stone-Leon Russell 13-Anything From the Rock Opera "Jesus Christ Superstar" 13-The Ballad of John and Yoko-Beatles 14-Always Look on The Bright Side of Life - Eric Idle (Crucifixation Scene from "Life of Brian,")