NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Blogging)

Happy Mother's Day:


1-It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)-Bob Dylan

While preachers preach of evil fates Teachers teach that knowledge waits Can lead to hundred-dollar plates Goodness hides behind its gates But even the president of the United States Sometimes must have To stand naked. An' though the rules of the road have been lodged It's only people's games that you got to dodge And it's alright, Ma, I can make it
.2. Mother John Lennon
Mother, you had me, but I never had youI wanted you, you didn't want me So I, I just got to tell you Goodbye, goodbye
Father, you left me, but I never left you I needed you, you didn't need me So I, I just got to tell you Goodbye, goodbye
Children, don't do what I have done I couldn't walk and I tried to run So I, I just got to tell you Goodbye, goodbye
Mama don't goDaddy come home(repeat 9 more times)
3. Mother and Child Reunion-Paul Simon
No I would not give you false hope On this strange and mournful day But the mother and child reunion Is only a motion away, oh, little darling of mine I can't for the life of me Remember a sadder day I know they say let it be But it just don't work out that way And the course of a lifetime runs Over and over again No I would not give you false hope On this strange and mournful day But the mother and child reunion Is only a motion away, oh, little darling of mine
4. "I Wish I was your Mother,"- Ian Hunter I scream at you for sharing I curse you just for caring I hate the clothes you're wearing, they're so pretty I tell you not to see meI tell you not to feel meI make your life a drag, it's such a pity 5. Mama Tried-Merle Haggard The first thing I remember knowing, Was a lonesome whistle blowing, And a young un's dream of growing up to ride; On a freight train leaving town, Not knowing where I'm bound, No-one could change my mind ... Ira,
I can't place 1.-3. (without looking them up). My Five For Mother's Day (in your format):

1. M is for the many things she gave me (or as my Mother used to sing, "B is for the B in Brooklyn College"..)
2. Just someone his mother might know
3. Your mother's eyes, from your eyes, cry to me
4. Your eyes looked from your mother's face
5. Mother did it have to be so high
Donny ...I was going a little more esoteric. Only my first and fifth choices have Mother in the title (I was going strictly for Mother references, below are my Mom, et al. choices). My Mother titles are 2. Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy-Elton John 3. "39"-Queen 4. Franklin's Tower-Grateful Dead and 5. Mother-Pink Floyd

1. Mama Told Me Not To Come (Lori's Contribution) -Three Dog Night (Randy Newman)
2. Momma Don't Allow It - Martin, Bogan and Armstrong (Steve Goodman, et al.)
3. Ma-Ma-Ma Belle - ELO
4. Momma Miss America - Paul McCartney
5. Mamma Mia - ABBA (Lori's Contribution)
Donny
Posted by Picasa