NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Life of Brian


Ira,
Happy 64th Birthday to Brian Wilson!. At the risk of wiping-out, I will say that he is one of the Ten Most Important People in the History of Rock'N'Roll. Virtually impossible for me to choose any number of songs, here are Five Favorites:

1. Smile (1967) - Beach Boys (I have one of the many versions. Brilliant as fabled).
2. Wonderful - Beach Boys (Appropriately titled. One of Brian's most beautiful melodies with personal meaning to me.) .
3. Pet Sounds - Beach Boys (Legendary and rightfully so).
4. I Get Around - Beach Boys (Brian begins surfing towards the future.).
5. Orange Crate Art - Brian Wilson and Van Dyle Parks (Despite the critics, this could be a lost Beach Boys Classic.).
Donny