NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Blues for Labor Day

Why, would you just look at this Stanley, lyrics without song titles and Donny's numbers two and five are from Lori:
Ira,
Couldn't get No. 2 on my own. My No. 1: I heard this song over 25 Years ago and could never find out the title although I knew it was done by one of the Akron bands of the late '70's. Ironically, I finally found out the Title last week! If you can't figure it out, let me know.
1. Never Mind What's On Your Mind, Keep Your Mind On Your Work, Work!
2. Make Good Money, Five Dollars A Day, 'Made Anymore 'Might Move Away.
3, St. Peter Don't Call Me 'Cause I Can't Go, I Owe My Soul To The Company Store.
4. Keep On Working, Keep On Working.
5. No, They Never Taught Us What Was Real, Iron And Coke And Chromium Steel
Donny
1.
In The Heat Of The Day Down In Mobile Alabama
Working on the railroad with the steel driving hammer
Gotta make some money to buy some brand new shoes
Tryin' to find somebody to take away these blues

2.
I got a job in a steel mill, shucking steel like a slave.
3.
Running to and fro, hard working at the mill,
Working in the filling station, too many checks,
4.
All the summer, worked all this fall.
Had to take Christmas in my overalls.
She's gone, but I don't worry:
5.
Working 'round the clock
I want me a drink of water
You won't let me stop