NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Let Jimi Take Over...


I was going to write some yesterday but suffice it to say that a brutal day ended with the 6:21 out of Penn not getting home until about 8:15, so I really wasn't in the mood. However, there is at least one more - the Righteous Brothers' Rock & Roll Heaven:" Jimmy (sic) gave us rainbows". Also a quote from Neil Young referring to all the other guitarists in the world regarding Jimi: "We're not even in the same building".
Fly on our sweet angel,,,
Donny

Yesterday marked the 36th anniversary of Hendrix' death.

Songs with Hendrix references:

1-Hank to Hendrix-Neil Young

2-Monterey-Eric Burdon

Jimi Hendrix, baby Believe me Set the world on fire, yeah!

3-Six Strings Down-Jimmie Vaughan

See the voodoo chile, holding out his hand
I've been waitin on you brother, Welcome to the band.