NONKINSENSE

Adventures of an Analog Man in the Digital Universe, with a little help from my friends and relations.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Got to find a City to Live In...




I don't think we did this before ?A-Allentown-Billy Joel
B-Brooklyn Owes The Charmer-Steely Dan
C-Sweet Home Chicago-Robert Johnson
D-Taking It To Detroit-Good Rats
E-

F-
G-Galveston-Jimmy Webb
H-Say Goodbye To Hollywood-Billy Joel
I
J-Jackson ( I'm Going To )-Johnny, June Carter Cash

K-Kansas City-Beatles
L-I Love LA-Randy Newman
M-Miami 2017-Billy Joel
N-New York State Of Mind-Billy Joel
O-

P-Philadelphia Freedom-Elton John
Q-
R-
S-Are You Going To San Francisco?-Scott McKenzie
T-Tulsa Time-Eric Clapton

U
V
W-Washington Bullets-The Clash
X-
Y-Youngstown-Springsteen
Z-


Ira,
I agree. Here is my list:

1. I Used To Be A Brooklyn Dodger (But I'm Not A Hitter Anymore)-Dion
2. Tallahassee Lassie-Freddy Cannon
3. Chattanooga Choo-Choo-Glenn Miller (Lori)
4. Shuffle Off To Buffalo -Ruby Keeler and Dick Powell (Lori)
5. Chicago-Frank Sinatra
6. New York, New York- Frank Sinatra
7. San Diego Serenade-Tom Waits
8. Glace Bay Blues-Guess Who
9. Runnin' Back to Saskatoon-Guess Who
10.Get Out Of Denver-Bob Seger
11.Please Come To Boston-Dave Loggins(Lori)
12.Wichita Lineman-Glen Campbell(Lori)
13.By The Time I Get To Phoenix-Glen Campbell
14.Meet Me In St. Louis-Judy Garland(Lori)
15.San Francisco Fan-Cab Callaway
16.Statesboro Blues-Blind Willie McTell
17.Birmingham Blues-Electric Light Orchestra
18.London Calling-Clash
19.Detroit Rock City-Kiss
20.Hot 'lanta-Allman Brothers
Donny


How about continents:

America: Simon and Garfunkel
Only in America: from West Side Story, also by Jay and the Americans
Africa: Toto
The Heat of the Moment: Asia
Down Under: Men at Work
Radio Free Europe: R.E.M.
Antarctica: Al Stewart

Yes, I know the first two songs are really about the United States, but, eh, the titles say America, so I'll let them stand for both North and South America.

Rob

O - City of New Orleans
V- Vahevala - Loggins & Messina

Jim


hey ira:
haven't read the other responses and at the risk of redundancy here's mine:
WOODSTOCK- JONI MITCHELL
LUKENBACH TEXAS- WAYLON JENNINGS
ATLANTA- LITTLE FEAT
MENDOCINO-SIR DOUGLAS QUARTET
SEATTLE- PUBLIC IMAGE LTD.
george.s